Friday, July 17, 2009

Enough for now

Today started like every day, hitting snooze on the alarm 2 or 3 times, dog getting sick of me jumping out and crawling back in. She's funny, all sprawled out under the comforter huffing and snorting as I re enter my nice warm spot she tried to take up occupancy in as I made the alarm clock dive to postpone the inevitable. I keep wondering if I'll ever grow up to be the person who is stoked for the morning and hit's the ground chipper. But who am I kidding, why would anyone in their right mind be stoked that the morning is here, except to thank God for yet another day of living. I can dig that part, I am thankful 99.99% of the time for another day of this life.

Mentally preparing for another unification this year, my great friends are tying the knot near Mt St Helen's Saturday and it's about a 2 hour journey from my current residence in B-E-A-utiful Fife. I'm looking forward to the solo journey down there, giving my head some time to think (as if I needed anymore time) and jam out to whatever comes across the stereo. These are trips where having satellite radio makes all the difference in the world. 100's of channels at your fingertips with enough music to quench even a seasoned pallet of impeccable musical taste. I didn't pack last night, so of course there's that to do, as well as taking the Bean to the house and emptying the garbage before leaving for 3 days... last nights meat packing might not be smelling too hot after a weekend in what effectively will be a sauna once I close all the windows up. That thought in and of itself is making my stomach turn a little bit. There goes being hungry for lunch!

So yeah, I still have a few things to knock out before hitting the road, but I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my family away from family. And since I have no where to drive home after, or any other responsibilities that require my sobriety tonight or the next, it's party Ryan time! Good sense and appropriateness be damned. That hasn't happened in a very long time and although I'm not a proponent of abusing alcohol, I promised I won't spill any...it'll all eventually be processed through my needy liver.

Stay blessed and enjoy your weekend, you know I will!

No comments: