Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Door to Door

Pity parties are not my favorite way to spend an evening, as I'm sure it's not your preferred method of getting down. Once in awhile though, it gets so bottled up that I leave myself with very few mediums of getting it out of my system. Sunday night, I blew up internally and let my words do some expunging of the frustration building up inside of me, and for that I make no consolations. I know that's not what people stop in to read, unless you enjoy knowing your life is much more pleasant than mine at times, but I guarantee it's probably not as cool. OK, maybe it is, maybe it's cooler, no pissing contests here today, but I guarantee that if you're at home tonight watching TV or sitting down to play video games online, you're not having as much fun as I will be (yes, pissing match just started).

Today marks the official start of the fall season, although based on the television lineup last night, I think they started a day early. At 11:44 Eastern, fall officially arrives, I'm still uncertain how that time came to be, but I'm going to jump over to wikipedia real quick and get an answer...one sec.
OK, Wiki has a dumb answer but you can read it here.

So yeah, it's about to be Autumn or fall and thus begins the worst time of the year for me. It's that season where I really still want to wear T-shirts and shorts and flip flops but the rainy season here in the Pacific Northwest leaves me with wet feet and goosebumps. It does, however, allow me the opportunity to turn up the fireplace, grab a nice warm blanket and chill out in my living room. Especially once I find the right sectional sofa for the giant living room that is currently eclipsing the size of the second hand love seat and lamp combo currently residing there. I never realized just how hard it is to find the right furniture, the right amount of cushion with the right amount of support. Much like most things in my life, the right couch is like a unicorn, evasive and impossible to find just the right one. The one that just feels right; there's plenty that are close and may even seem perfect in the moment, but after laying on them for a few hours, something just doesn't feel right. There's a bump here in my lower back or the arm is just too high to rest my head without hurting my neck, the cushions aren't at the same level as the ottoman so my feet fall asleep, or the color fades too much to still match the rest of the room. It's disappointing to be honest, especially when one feels like the right fit and after a few years of hanging out and making plans, you just realize that it's time for a new couch. I've grown tired of looking for the right couch, so now I'm hoping to find a door to door sales person selling couches that can bring over samples and let me try out a few. Do they still do that? I doubt it, but wouldn't that be cool?

My friends in NON-P(www.non-p.me)were announced as finalists in the 98.7 Rockstar contest in LA last night! They are in the Top 5, out of however many hundreds of LA bands, performing this Friday night at City Walk in Orange County. I got to hang out with them for two shows this past weekend and like always, they brought it. I'm super proud and stoked for them. Please, if you haven't already downloaded the first single off of iTunes, please go check out "One of those Days" and start rocking it out in your car with the windows rolled down for everyone to hear. Even if it is about to be fall, or autumn, it'll give you a chance to get your heaters warmed up for winter.

That's my rant today, I need a good couch to get cozy on as we enter Fall. One that will be there to catch me after work, lay around and listen to me discuss all things awesome and rad and sometimes catch a tear or two (I can't always be smiling). One that's supportive and comfortable and well, just feels right and likes to be close. Why is that so hard to find?

Stay blessed-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.