Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kinder Words

Took a 6 day hiatus from writing here, and it's been an insane 6 days full of 16 hour work days and little sleep with nearly no room for fun or personal time except to sleep. The 8 month old project finally birthed itself to the business on Saturday night, and beginning a day earlier, was my 50+ hours of weekend work. I think it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway just to pat myself on the back, I actually worked more hours than I slept over a three day period. It was worth it though, we launched without any serious impacts and overcame any risks that would have prevented our success. It was a definite weight lifted off my back, now all I breath are sighs of relief as I continue to work sustainment issues and will eventually get to just bask in the successful release of this project.

So enough about work, right? It's weird to me, during these past 6 days, that's really all I've been living in and for. I managed to squeeze a guitar lesson in the evening Saturday night and Friday night, after 5 or 6 pints and a few shots with my old roommate, I ended up buying a street bike. Not just any street bike, a custom built war machine straight out of 'Mad Max and Thunderdome', solid black with drag bars and loud exhaust. It needs some custom love from me and a bike shop here and there to set her up for me, but it's going to be fun stuff. I just hope this August Seattle weather decides to finally realize it's still summer and I really want some dry days for some long rides out on the open rode. I have a few destinations in mind, so the rain needs to stop. Amazing how two weeks ago we were 100+ degree days and now I'm wearing a raincoat to stay dry... quite the change. And with the change, my allergies are coming back too, I'm not stoked. **Note to umbrella users, PAY ATTENTION to those around you when walking the crowded streets of the city. Some of us want to keep our eyes functional**

Also this past weekend, I managed to buy plane tickets to Boise for Jackson and I to go visit a week from this coming Friday. Gonna get this tattoo finished that been outlined and shaded for almost a year now, an unfinished foodog wanting it's color and it's eyes. It'll be good to see my friends and more importantly my family, spend time with my kid brother, hopefully writing some new songs and just having a good time doing what we both love to do, play music, create music, live music. It'll also be great to have Jackson spending some good time with family. Since we live in separate cities, he doesn't know them as well I had hoped he would at this point, so 3 full days with nana, papa and crew should be super rad for him. This will also be the first time I've seen my folks since my transition in this current chapter of my life began. I'm planning on staying as far away from the topic as possible, as I deal with it, it's mine to deal with and like I tell everyone, if you want to know how I'm doing, read this. It keeps me out of having to tell the same story over and over and keep the tears that need to stay back, well, back.

Random mix of artists on the iPhone this morning. Right now there's the Zep and I think I've heard The Cure, stuff off the new Green Day record, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and some Kamphire Collective. A good mix of old and new(er) music, always forget how long 'Kashmir' is...I also heard a rumor that Kamphire Collective is heading back to the studio to record a new album! Someone confirm this for me please

So, the train is almost to the station in the city, sorry for such a long delay. I leave you today with words from my good friend Dicky Barrett of the MMB, "Kinder words here we could pick, a kind approach might do the trick". That's my mantra this week, pick your words carefully and make friends.

Let's see how that works out now that I can breathe a bit.

Stay Blessed-

No comments: