Friday, June 26, 2009

Mmmmk, it's Friday

So no one needs to be reminded of the end of the work week, but I do. It means I have the next two days to be productive; have some fun, catch up with friends, get some stuff done at the place, and most important, hang out with my little man. It's also 2 days to reflect on things, a weekend of introspection, which if you haven't participated in for yourself lately, you probably should. It's well spent time.

I find a as many ways as possible to accomplish this. Most times, I write it out, whether it's here or in a written journal, I try and get it all out in words and make sense of it later. If you only knew the number of times I write something here and have to go back and clean up all of the nonsense crazy talk. I figure anything this public should have some creative limitation, otherwise you guys would be sending the men in white coats to find me for some further evaluation! No thanks. I like to think I'm a fairy well adjusted individual who is passionate about improving his situation and focused on dealing with the skeletons in the closet.

I had a very lengthy, very personal conversation last night with the most unexpected person, out of the blue. Unplanned and unexpected is always prefered for me. This life is so crazy and semi-predictable at times, that the unexpected is always a welcome change, at least in this instance. The conversation was heavy and left me feeling so thankful for having the friends in my life that I have been fortunate enough to be blessed with. As well, as honest as my friends are, it's beyond belief to me, that people see things you don't realize they are seeing and have real true feelings about. The perceptions we discussed were pretty spot on and some I hadn't consiously considered. Talk about awesome...to you I say thank you for calling me and thank you for checking in, I guess I didn't fully realize your awesomeness, you're rad.

Let's see, Mother Love Bone, Slightly Stoopid and Flogging Molly on the iPod this morning. Fairly random playlist of sorts, all with the same message, "Live Life". It's a short amount of time we get and the clock has been ticking. The weekend is consisting of time in the gym, guitar practice (after my lesson last night it's becoming obvious I don't practice enough) and a possible road trip out to Port Townsend to see my cousin and her family. That's just Saturday, and we'll see what Sunday looks like, hopefully the sun stays out and we can hit the pool.Of course, if you want to hang, call me

Enjoy the end of the week, stay blessed

No comments: