Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God Willin’

It’s a decent Tuesday morning, although I was up all night with my brain in hyper drive. The weather has been exceptional now for going on 5 days straight and looks to be sticking around for awhile. With exceptional Seattle weather comes heat and it’s the type of heat that fills our air conditioning free homes and sticks around through the wee hours of the morning. Not that I’m complaining, how can I, I love hot weather. My ability to sleep in my own bed through said heat spell isn’t as up to speed as my desire is to keep the heat around. So, the past two nights have been tough from a climate perspective, but the last 4 nights have also included excessive brain function suppressing my 6 hour sleep limitation for functional human interaction. This isn’t anything new if you’ve been reading this rag for awhile, I’ve always been overtly aware of my thoughts, especially right before bed. I used to have a deal worked out where there was to be no serious conversation right before bed. I think I need to reinstate that rule internally again.

I’ve snagged a bunch of (new) music in the past couple of weeks and have yet to be disappointed in any of the selections. I’m fairly impulsive when it comes to buying music, someone tells me I’ll like something, I take their word for it, an article calls something a must listen and it’s not in the pop charts, I’m all over it. I am a consumption addict of music, I can never get enough. In the past 3 weeks, these are my top 5 (in no particular order):
1. Dangermau5- “For Lack of a Better Name”
2. Rusko- “O.M.G.!” Dubstep and down tempo stuff, crazy all over the place, need big subs to be heard
3. K-OS- “The Anchorman Mixtape” free DL @http://tour-tv.com/mixtape/
4. Ray Lamantagne- “God Willin and The Creek Don’t Rise” Ray never misses a beat!
5. Avenged Sevenfold- “Nightmare” Awesome from start to finish!

All of them are daily play worthy, grab ‘em immediately!

I hit 90 tweets today, sounds so weird. I never really got the whole twitter thing, but outside influences have pushed me into using the thing. Stuck at 17 followers, need me some more so I don’t feel so ignored in the twitterverse… I didn’t just create a new term, did I? I’m still learning the whole # hash mark and @people thing but hey, it’s the first time I haven’t been an early adopter of something techy/social right? I mean, I was blogging before it was even know as such. I think back then it was still an online journal

Oh well, not a whole lot of inspiring crud falling from my fingers today, sorry folks. I think the restlessness is catching up with me and I may just need some decent sleep tonight to get back to spreading my wisdom… oh, and don’t forget to follow my tweets, hahaha! twitter.com/problemchildry

Stay blessed and enjoy the new tunes!

No comments: